Sunday, January 20, 2013

Aliens, Dinosaurs and Everything In-Between

This is a blog written by Priya and Zach. We are a couple, soon to be married who like to write. Priya is from the UK and I am from the USA and this difference has greatly shaped our relationship and I believe allows for a lot of fun topics to be written about. You will find this blog covers no specific topic rather it is about whatever we happen to feel like whenever we happen to feel it. We will share stories, thoughts, movie and book reviews, quires, travel logs, restaurant grades, jokes and anything else that may come to our minds. So we start where Priya and I want to start, with aliens and dinosaurs. We love them both. Priya leans more towards aliens while I love dinosaurs.

Aliens, are they real? It’s mathematically probable though at this point no one knows. Dinosaurs, are they real? Sure they were, though millions and millions of years separate the human species from them leaving many mysteries unsolved. So what do aliens and dinosaurs have in common? It’s simple, they’re awesome! Put an alien or dinosaur in a movie and you are assured to have at least a B rated movie that is just horrible enough to be fun to watch. Visit the natural history museum and you will be surrounded by the fossils and bones of dinosaurs. There one cannot help but imagine what the world must have been like when dinosaurs existed. Or take a trip to the science museum and you’ll be able to walk through our solar system, our galaxy and even the entire universe. Curiosity about what else might be out there is all but certain. For humanity curiosity is natural whether it be curiosity about the uncertain past (dinosaurs) or the unknown future (aliens). The fact is Priya and I want to know and understand the world around us.

Priya has a huge heart for nature and animals such that I know if Jurassic Park ever did happen she would be rooting for the dinosaurs rather than the humans just as she rooted for Caesar and all the other apes while we watched the new Rise of the Planet of the Apes film. All I really know is that if I came across a Velociraptor or T-Rex I would be running and hopefully I wouldn’t end up in a SUV stuck in a tree or an industrial sized kitchen trying to shut myself into a metal cabinet. When it comes to the Apes I would try and be a peacemaker. I would tell them we are all in the same family. Literally, we are all in the hominidae family (apes such as chimpanzees, gorillas and orangutans). Furthermore some of us are in the same sub-family, homininae (apes like chimpanzees and gorillas but not orangutans). Finally, some of us are even in the same tribe, hominini (like chimpanzees but not gorillas or orangutans). So come on can’t we all just get along?

When it comes to aliens Priya and I both want to be the chosen ones. Chosen in the sense of chosen to populate a new planet (Knowing) or to learn the ways of the force to help stop the evil empire from taking over the universe (Star Wars) not chosen to be hunted and killed (Predator or Alien). Really Priya and I just both hope aliens are real and we get to see them some time before we die. That would be really cool. So this is our blog. I hope any reader who comes upon it will enjoy what they find just as I hope Priya and I enjoy what we put here.

No comments:

Post a Comment