Saturday, January 26, 2013

About Priya



Priya and I are writing introductions for each other, which I find more difficult than Priya but I’ll try my best. Priya and I currently live in London, UK. She currently works for Penguin Publishing whereas I am jumping through numerous hoops for the British government in order to get a marriage visa that would allow me to both live and work here.

Priya is a British citizen who was born and raised in London. As an adult Priya has also lived in the United States, in South Carolina and Ohio but I believe her heart is in Hong Kong. She visited me there when I was living and working in China and that is where I proposed to her. I know that one day she would like to return there and I’d gladly follow because it’s a great city.  

Priya has a passion for nature. She loves animals and seeks to always be aware of how her actions are affecting the planet as a whole rather than just herself or even just other human beings. Her love for nature has various outlets, one is through her studies. Priya will read any book or watch any documentary about animals or the planet and then she’ll run off to the museum to get a closer look. Truly, there is no better guide to a Natural History Museum than Priya particularly the one here in London.

Priya loves the Lord of the Rings. She has multiple copies of the books, various versions of the DVD and blue-ray discs, pictures, maps, bookmarks and even a Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit board game, which she can easily vanquish me in. She can watch any of the films at any time. She will gladly sit down and watch all three movies in a row if you have the stamina for it, I rarely have that stamina.  

Priya is an amazingly clean and organized person, yes to the point of being OCD about certain things. I consider myself fairly clean but Priya’s organizational skills and demands took me by surprise when we first started living together. All my stuff did provide a big challenge when it came to trying to keep the room free of clutter but with a lot of work, mostly by her, we got it taken care of.  

There is no one I would rather watch a movie or TV with than Priya. Her taste for comedies is impeccable. Whether we are watching Flight of the Conchords, American Dad, Father Ted, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Community or any Nicholas Cage film I know I can count on her to have a good time and laugh. In fact it was her sense of humor that first attracted me to her as we bonded over our shared enjoyment of the show Community (Seasons 1 and 2). And I can attest to the fact that there is no better sound to hear in the world than Priya’s laugh. It never fails to make me smile.

Some other affinities of hers include music, scarves, Sasa, Japanese cookies, origami, postcards, and organizational boxes. So there’s a small introduction into Priya but stay tuned and you’ll surely find out more about her and trust me she is a person worth knowing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment