Monday, August 12, 2013

Name Your Five Movies

So the other day Priya and I were fairly bored and just started doing some of those “stranded on a desert island” type of questions. Like if you were stranded on a desert island and only got to have one thing to eat for the rest of your life what would it be? One of the questions that I found the most fun and the most difficult surrounded the issue of movies. Basically if you could only have one movie to watch for the rest of your life what would it be? After a lot of thinking I just found this question too difficult so we changed it to say if you could only have five movies to watch the rest of your life what would they be? Now after even more taking and thought we decided that one of the five movies we picked could be a trilogy. So Priya took the Lord of the Ring trilogy and that only counted as one of her five movies rather than three of them.  After a lot more time talking and thinking I decided we could add one TV show to the mix and that is where we finally stopped: five movies (one of which could be a trilogy) and one TV show to watch for the rest of our lives.

This was just so much fun that I thought it was worth throwing up on the blog and presenting the same question to other people. I’d love to hear answers from anyone else out there who sees this.

Our answers were as follows:


For Priya

  • Trilogy: Lord of the Rings
  • Step Brothers
  • Dogfight
  • Monsters University
  • The Burbs
  • TV: 3rd Rock from the Sun





For Zach


  • Trilogy: Batman-Dark Knight Series
  • Die Hard
  • Gladiator
  • The Fugitive
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • TV: Scrubs






Even now I find myself wanted to change my answers as if this might actually happen and the answers I put on this list will forever determine my movie watching future. Again please share your answers to the question. I just love seeing what movies people like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment