Friday, November 22, 2013

Good But Not Good Enough

So it’s official I did not get the job I wrote about in my last entry. Apparently I passed the test though I’m not sure how that is possible given that I was told I got 13 out of 27 questions right. That score would not be considered passing on any other test I have taken in my life but hey I’ll take it. When they called me in I was told I did really well in my interview. They said I was very thorough with my answers and they liked what I had to say but clearly in the end that was not enough. I was told that if another spot became available I should definitely reapply. Now while that’s all nice to hear but at the end of the day the fact remains I didn’t get the job. Further I was told that my current position could only be guaranteed until the end of December. After that time they may have to let me go or they may be able to keep me on. Basically moving forward this is a month to month position so I really need to find a new job.
That bums me out for two reasons. First is I just don’t like looking for work. It is all consuming and very depressing especially as a 32 year old person who is just going from job to job with no real path towards a career. Second and probably more important is the fact that I actually like working here. Now this is not due to the work itself though that is just fine. Rather it is because I get along so well with my co-workers and just enjoy being here. For the most part I think all Admin jobs are the same when it comes to the work and how fulfilling it is or should I say how not fulfilling it isn’t. So I would say that what really makes a good Admin job is your co-workers. If you like who you are working with you’ll like your job if not then you won’t. And here I really like everyone I work with, which I admit is a bit of a surprise to me. There is almost always someone who I don’t really get along with that well but that just isn’t the case here. So that is what I will miss most about this job.
Back to the internet to once again surf for another job.

No comments:

Post a Comment