Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll -Definitely Worth the Price



I purchased Fall Out Boy’s new album Save Rock and Roll when it came out this week. Now I had the chance to listen to some of the songs before the album came out because Fall Out Boy posted the entire album on their website and allowing people to listen to them in full. They may have taken this option down now that the album has been released but you can check here to see if they songs are still available.

I admit I was very excited for this new album even before I heard one song. Fall Out Boy is one of my favorite bands. Once I saw that the songs were up I listened to a few and I they gave me a combination of feeling excited but also nervous. I remained excited for the new songs but I also became a bit nervous that they weren't going to be as good as I hoped. I think you always have the worry, at least a little, when it’s one of your favorite bands. The songs I did listen to had an odd quality where you weren't sure if you liked them at first but you couldn't get them out of your head once you had heard them.

Since Tuesday when I got the album I have listened to it straight through about 10 times and beyond that I have listened to certain songs more than that. I've been painting our entire kitchen so I've had a lot of time to just listen to music and after each time I listened to the album when I thought I would just put my iPod on random I just couldn't do it. Instead I would hit play and listen to the whole album again. The songs really are great. I've liked all of them more each time I've listened to them. The lyrics are as clever and thoughtful as ever and there is just an intensity that makes it fun to listen to. I find myself wanting to sing along and dance with every song. Now I can’t do either of those things well especially with a paint roller in my hand but it doesn't stop me from trying. All of that to say I would definitely recommend this album to anyone and everyone interested in some forceful yet fun songs to get one dancing and thinking at the same time especially to anyone who is a Fall Out Boy fan. You won’t be disappointed with them.

I would like to tell you what songs are my favorite but I am not at the point where I know that yet. I am still listening to all of them and haven’t figured out which songs will still be on my everyday playlist in a year or two. That said I really do like the album title song Save Rock and Roll (featuring Elton John) it’s great. Alone Together, Young Volcanoes and Just One More Yesterday also are early contenders for my favorite songs. 

They do have videos out for two of the songs and soon to be a third. One song is called The Phoenix the other one is called My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up). Neither video is that great and I think the one for The Phoenix distracts you from listening to the song but it at least allows you to hear the songs if you’re interested. Again it’s a great album definitely worth the price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment